From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Andrew
Burton via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 12:42 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Andrew Burton <a.burton.sai...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Emission controls

Well, I finally got tired of fixing my engine every time I went out (or so
it seemed), not to mention dealing with all the diesely rust under and
around the thing. So I have gone for a brand new Yanmar 3YM30AE. It goes in
this afternoon. It's pretty and shiny gray and I think I love it. However, I
notice on one of the labels that it qualifies with all California emissions
requirements. What does that mean in the real world (you know, the part that
isn't in California)? I can't help thinking that it means seriously reduced
efficiency and power. Running around with a 20-gallon fuel tank, that is a
serious consideration.
Can the assembled intelligence here give me some insight into what this
means?
Cheers
Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine

Andrew Burton
61 W Narragansett
Newport, RI
USA    02840

+401 965-5260

This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you wish
to make a contribution to offset our costs, please go to: