I hate to say this, but is it possible that you have a case of a cold weld
between the turnbuckle and the bolt?

Also look at the below. You may want to be careful with acetone on the deck.

Marek

Penetrating Oils

Machinist's Workshop magazine recently published some information on various
penetrating oils that I found very interesting. Some of you might
appreciate this. The magazine reports they tested penetrates for break out
torque on rusted nuts.

They are below, as forwarded by an ex-student and professional machinist. They
arranged a subjective test of all the popular penetrates with the
control being the torque required to remove the nut from a "scientifically
rusted" environment.

*Penetrating oils ........... Average torque load to loosen*

No Oil used ...................516 pounds

WD-40 ..................... ... 238 pounds

PB Blaster .................... 214 pounds

Liquid Wrench ...............127 pounds

Kano Kroil .................... 106 pounds

ATF-Acetone mix.............53 pounds

The ATF-Acetone mix is a "home brew" mix of 50 - 50 automatic transmission
fluid and acetone. Note this "home brew" released bolts better than any
commercial product in this one particular test.

Our local machinist group mixed up a batch and we all now use it with equally
good results. Note also that "Liquid Wrench" is almost as good as
"Kroil" for about 20% of the price.

Steve from Godwin-Singer says that ATF-Acetone mix is best, but you can also
use ATF and lacquer thinner in a 50-50 mix.

*ATF=Automatic Transmission Fluid