Has anyone any experience replacing the oil seal at the back of the
Sherwood raw water pump? I have the replacement oil seal part number 18806,
cost 20.82, it has a green outer casing and looks like it should slide
right into the end of the pump body that faces the engine, however that
bore seems to be just slightly smaller, is there maybe a trick to this?
This is the universal M35, I realize lots have switched to the oberdorfer
and I might eventually but just want to get this one back together for now,
maybe get 1 or 2 more sails out of this year then call it a year. There
wasn't much left of the old one that came out so can't even say what it
even looked like, will be stripping the rest of the pump right down to
clean out the remnants of the old one.
Thanx very much.

Daryl McKelvie
S/V Skelly