We moved the new (to us) 1983 C&C 35, Mark III from Muskegon, Michigan to Whitehall, Michigan Saturday.  Nice day for the move, started out sunny and mild with fairly light winds out of the West with a fairly light chop.  We sailed on a close reach up the lake.  The winds picked up a little and most of the trip was in 5-8 kt (true) winds out of the WNW with about 1 foot waves.  One sail set and off we went.  She sailed well and we made it with no problems. Spent Sunday cleaning and straightening things out.  The boat had not had the decks washed in at least 5 years.  We went through a full spray bottle of fairly concentrated Simple Green with a scrub brush (the deck brush was useless).  She looks nice now. We do have a portlight leak on the port side.  We will only be in the water for another 4 weeks so I have tried to seal it for that time and plan on portlight replacement in the spring.  We will see if I can get it sealed for the fall.  We do have a winter cover so it shouldn't be a problem for the winter. One question for the Mark III crowd.  What do you use the locker just forward of the mainsheet track for?  It looks like it is only deep enough for sail ties.  What else do others use if for?

Neil Schiller
1983 C&C 35, Mark III, #028
"Grace"
White Lake, Michigan