I used a small electric rotary pump which the boatyard mechanic uses. Five
gallons at a time, and the boatyard crane which is an old diesel unit will
take anything..

Gary

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of robert
via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 8:12 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: robert <robertabb...@eastlink.ca>
Subject: Stus-List Fuel Tank Replacement

Bill:

Just curious....how did you remove the diesel from the old tank?

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2017-09-14 1:43 PM, William Walker via CnC-List wrote:

Moving ahead on the project. Old tank out.  New ordered and delivered by
Amazon in 2 days..Moeller 19 gallon, 16 x 12 x 26.  90 degree hose and
straight hose connector as I think Dennis mentioned.
Two questions:
First, if I leave at least 2 inches of the 1.5 inch fuel line inlet
connector, can I trim its height if I need to?  It is going to be really
tight to get the 90 degree elbow on.  need to keep the plastic "sawdust" out
of tank somehow.
Second, the old aluminum tank was bonded to the deck filler and the to the
engine block.  Since this is plastic tank should I skip tank and bond deck
filler directly to engine?  What about  the sending unit.
Thanks
Bill Walker
CnC 36
Pentwater, Michigan

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you wish
to make a contribution to offset our costs, please go to: