Danny,

Several months ago there was an article in Sail on picking a dinghy.  I
might still have it if you are interested in reading it.  If you plan to
beach it alot, aluminum may make more sense than fiberglass.  not sure if
you are looking at a flat floor.  That might be a nice upgrade.
It sounds like a great price.

Joel

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Danny Haughey via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm considering ordering a RIB factory direct and want to throw the idea
> out there and if there were any opinions on the topic.
>
> So, a 10ish foot PVC tube, Aluminum hull is about $900 and about $300
> hundred to ship to Boston.  I'm not completely convinced on the aluminum
> solution and may stick with Fiberglass.
>
> These look like the same boats sold under various names, North Atlantic,
> Coastal, Highfield  all of which were offering a 10ish footer at the boat
> show for $2000.
>
> The $893 boat is for 0.9MM 16 inch tubes.  I'm also asking for the 1.2MM
> fabric quote.  One company only upped the price by $65 for the heavier
> fabric
>
> Anyone have any thoughts?
>
> Anyone interested in buying a rib this way?
>
> One nice thing is that they have started offering the tube cover or Dinghy
> chaps right from the factory.
>
> I was considering ordering a full package including a trailer.
>
> So far I've got a price for;
>
> Boat, aluminum hull no bow locker $893 plus $90 for the bow locker
> Chaps $80
> Boat Cover $30
> Trailer $560
> SubTotal $1563
> Shipping Approx $500 (adding over $200 beyond the quote to cover
> whatever...)
> total $2063
>
> So, for the price of the boat at the show, I could get all the extras
> shipped to Boston.  Price on the trailer is pretty good given it is the
> roller type not the bunk style.  I can get the bunk type locally for $699.
>
> The trickiest part is the shipping.  I'm not quite sure how that all works
> and how I'd receive the shipment.
>
> Do I have to go to the docks and get it?
>
> Anyway, it's my frugal self trying to get a deal!  The shipping is the
> only savings if ordering more than one so not a deal breaker either way in
> my opinion.
>
> Danny

> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

Joel