Bev,

When you say it starts easily on the house system, how exactly are you doing
that? By combining at your battery switch? If that’s the case, there’s a
connection issue between your engine battery and the switch — an issue that
disappears when you combine.

As Fred mentioned, low 12’s is very low for a battery bank and you should be
thinking about replacing that. Should be more like 12.8 (or higher if you have
a solar panel like I do). Fred Street knows his stuff. He has the "Street
Smarts”.

That sounds like a second issue though — connections will probably explain that
5V drop.

Happy hunting.

All the best,

Edd