Tony — sorry for the delay in responding.

The vintage of autopilot course computer you mention was strictly a SeaTalk1
device; most of them were actually sold as Autohelm-branded products.  The new
control heads are pretty much all SeaTalkNG-compatible for control.  Your best
bet is going to be to find a used or old-stock ST Series control head, as the
new p Series won’t work for you.  I’m seeing used ST6000+ heads on eBay for
between $300 and $400.

Let me know if you’d like some help acquiring and shipping one, as you’re
obviously NOT in the US currently…   :^)

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis