Just to report back as the results have me confused.  When we test the system
when we noticed the problem, my recollection is that the panel switch was
tripping whether the lighted switch was on or off.  I bought a new solenoid,
replaced the old rusted mess that was in there and now all works fine.  What I
can’t figure is how the solenoid could have been tripping the panel switch with
the lighted off.  The most likely explanation is that I did the test wrong or
did not remember the result correctly.  That only happens about 10 times a day,
so quite possible.  Dave

> On Sep 18, 2017, at 9:06 AM, Bruce Whitmore <bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>
> The lighted switch under the sink turns on/off the solenoid.  So, you need
> power to it from your panel switch, and you need the switch on to allow the
> solenoid to turn on the whole system.  Interesting that it keeps clicking off
> sounds like a short.
>
> You might want to turn off the switch under the sink and see if that keeps
> the circuit breaker from tripping.
>
> Thankfully the solenoids are not only cheap, they're readily available - I
> would try an RV store if there is one nearby.  Much cheaper than "marine".
>
> Good luck!
>
> Bruce Whitmore
>
> (847) 404-5092 (mobile)
> bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net

Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT

The bills have started coming in for the year 2018 and have gone up again.
October will be our fund raising month.  Please consider sending a small
contribution to help keep this list running.  Use PayPal to send contribution
--   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

All contributions are greatly appreciated!