Ol' Ox was on a mooring ball in St Augustine, FL when Hurricane Irma passed
through. I should've had out more scope and better chafing protection.
Ox broke free and was eventually pounded under some floating docks.
The salvage folks put a sling under the gooseneck and after 20 minutes of
serious horsepower, pulled Ox free and and dragged the remains along the
bottom the their barge/crane for lifting the next day.
After lifting and a pump out, the bottom of the hole in the transom was
about 9-12 inches above the waterline.
I was impressed by the strength of the standing rigging. No rod heads
"popped" on the (perhaps) original standing rigging.
I put the boat on craigslist as a freebie, salvaged what I could, and
removed as much weight as possible.
Among the now-functional salvaged equipment are a Honda 2000 generator, a
CPT autopilot (great factory support), an Engel 12V refigerator, a couple
of Northstar AGM batteries, and a Caframo fan. I put all of these items in
fresh water asap and sprayed a lot of WD-40.
These tried-and-true components will likely find their way to my next (and
final) boat.
Looking at a C&C 40 centerboard but that's another topic.
Some pics:
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNgoje_BPk95Ok9jhXDNvYanbsOoopSiafADrsB
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN8sBQwNLd6BV-Z6RASXWodvDmE6fIEAtdeSiJc
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNY1uwDlBcWf9E6HcZX3EVt5V0xIC-6jNRldH8x
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM65GCmNEwr8Xe4-Q8itH37u6wy4y8tKKuu4W86
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP0cYMFqPuocDilK_Np5S_9gPIDfZj_0DLrLmQP
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMtt0CBZkz0GPA8BDytwjjLQzQchQKs-4BUux-x
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOfcjqw_f0HFqkEeesqiNUidoCPYIpQAnGrHyq8
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPKf72ExM8WaXoDPv0M9_1OlcCCIDJ7gGGMg2Mn
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPnDm297tq9lHdfu3fQeQQQtmriWcrMMXJx7TTh
Ready for craigslist.
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP5JcQBzwq5qSrKn9pQ4NCstnO3ywXEwkat3_kH
https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNwL7duAsb7Iq0x7kS53liIgD0H0xOmNChNBCaY
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/deHRYLaD0i8kUVWZl9xA8eKQYU8v_e6MxUFEcEcD6Ah9BLBxJzTP_qkxNNVktC_izH5TqMiTtNlK4K4WEWzyod8HhbbvLZ3RngNxkvdfjm9KE6bM2ckYK5eDn-wBc0PeB4hiIAO8C1-3_WZ5xS1SzKUmUf6O6Zw9XpgoQQ8x2ACcP09mbtuNcw--udTzx_5F6xfmhKaCqFS1hWz_zSRGa7RivKvKA1-38uiISEtJUd31EbeaLZ2jOa7tW7hSz1yFAHE1MHjNbCFq5ibA9prydZT2pGGSMgcPKAarqzvvbIZnK7c74GLXntr7u0T9mPn1-_zPBRE4li58UW3oA5CHcrAZW60VL1sg87eOo9L4GCiHNYqciycvM1NfHHsLVp13RktlbhQzNK-c2vVzsyaRtMd_c5_5aUc0QMXpzrlp4BYjXCauhy2GogT5VnPD4Oqi4oQkF1OZC9nGFugE0fWAosET4X7yE0xI47xqXCENy9_S520-2WZJm9X4Uc1CdvlzY2SBNonkWNMOT4x2LROQZT1dOD9I-79Q0T96YHVK40ffTuy3WtIJ1qtd0juQjDdz6SNT3pkHywKIHussHAdA9Q05sfZlVQyPL-4RmHM76A=w1069-h601-no

Cheers for now,
--Bob M

The bills have started coming in for the year 2018 and have gone up again.
October will be our fund raising month.  Please consider sending a small
contribution to help keep this list running.  Use PayPal to send contribution
--   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

All contributions are greatly appreciated!