I wouldn't use any chemical solvents.  The risk to the insulation on your
wires and the possibility of a gooey mess are considerations.

You said it was just above halyard exits?  If you don't pull the rig, think
about modifying a drain snake.  They're fairly cheap.  Perhaps take a 1/4
inch snake, cut off a decent section, chuck it up in a drill and insert it
up through the halyard exit.  You can tie a messenger to the halyard and
shove the tail into the mast to get it out of the way.

Might be a tedious job and might yield less than 100% results.

If you pull the rig, use a long piece of PVC pipe with the end cut at a
sharp angle.  Maybe put some fasteners through the end to make a "reamer".

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA