I had the same problem on my 1980 C&C 40.  Zern Rigging in Pensacola, FL has a
machine shop, and they retipped the spreader ends.  They are beefier now than
stock, and will probably outlive the boat. He went through all the possible
speaker tip vendors looking for something that could be readily adapted to the
spreader tips, but it was finally clear that cutting the corroded ends off,
machining some new parts, and welding them on was by far the most cost
effective all around.  Especially considering the cost of new rod ends and
hardware required to adapt to the fancy new styles.

Robbie Epstein
Thorfinn, C&C 40
Fort Walton Beach, FL

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 11, 2017, at 4:33 PM, cnc-list-requ...@cnc-list.com wrote:
>
> Re: Stus-List 1983 c&c 40 std rig spreaders

The bills have started coming in for the year 2018 and have gone up again.
October will be our fund raising month.  Please consider sending a small
contribution to help keep this list running.  Use PayPal to send contribution
--   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

All contributions are greatly appreciated!