I think butane is lighter than air (unlike propane), but I could be wrong.

From: jackbrennan via CnC-List
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2017 2:33 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: jackbrennan
Subject: Re: Stus-List Stove

I hope everyone using portable stoves fueled by butane or small propane
canisters is taking the appropriate safety precautions. Both types of stoves
can cause explosions.

The canisters should not be stored inside the boat unless it is an isolated
locker with a drain to the outside.

I keep mine, for a rail grill, in a large pvc pipe tied to the rail with holes
in the bottom for any stray gas to drain. A couple of years ago, a canister
malfunctioned.

I was really happy it was not down below. It would have filled the boat with
propane..

Jack Brennan
Former C&C 25
Shanachie, 1974 Bristol 30
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy TabĀ®|PRO I was really happy it was not down bekow.