I never had a problem with wired hose.  I use a hack saw to cut and then clip
the wire back so there is no exposure.   In addition to 101 sanitation hose, I
use the wired 250 hose for the exhaust line before and after the lift muffler,
and I also use 250 hose for main scuppers which have below waterline
thru-hulls.   I do admit that I use the 200 series hose (no wire) for sink
drains to seacocks.

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C 38 Landfall