Hi Everyone,

I am going to participate in the 2018 Pacific Cup (San Francisco to
Kaneohe, Oahu) and my job will be as navigator.

Before I spend megabucks on the Expedition software, I thought I would try
the share-ware Navigatrix package which is based on OpenCPN.  It has
everything but as with most 'share ware', the user documentation is a bit
lacking!

I am trying to get the routing part to work and have successfully
downloaded gribs and have also a set of polars for the Cal 40.  (That is
the boat we are going to race in.)

Does anyone have experience with Navigatrix and is willing to help me get
started with the routing plug-in.  When I compute the route, it comes up
with Polars-error and nothing else.  I got the polars from a Cal 40 friend
and they work in Expedition,.  I have also tried polars that come with
Navigatrix - all to no avail.  So help would be muchly appreciated!

If anyone is interested - http://www.navigatrix.net/

Thanks everyone.

--
Ian Matthew