Most Racor filters can be fitted with a metal bowl. E.g. Defender sells a 230
model
(https://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1%7C311%7C2349059%7C2837510&id=3325719)
 and a replacement metal  bowl
(http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?name=racor-replacement-metal-bowl-kit&path=-1|311|2349059|2349074&id=3325364)
 . It is actually quite possible that the original filter is already ABYC
compliant.

Marine Outfitters (out of Kingston) sell model 215 (with the metal bowl) for
$215. That one is smaller, but I still think it is enough.

nothing is cheap, though.

Marek