New: 1983 C&C35-3, Hull #28
"Grace"
White Lake, Michigan

On 12/1/2017 1:11 PM, Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List wrote:

The “new” old sails are here – time for a happy dance.

THANKS!

Joe

Coquina

C&C 35 MK I

*From:*CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] *On Behalf Of *schiller via CnC-List
*Sent:* Saturday, November 18, 2017 10:02 AM
*To:* cnc-list@cnc-list.com
*Cc:* schiller
*Subject:* Re: Stus-List Standing Rigging Question From a Former C&Cer

BTW, my rig failure was a clean bending failure right at the cross bolt for the spreaders and lower shroud tang.  The only reason that the upper part of the mast stayed above the deck was the wire main and jib halyards.  This is an area with a pretty high stress riser.  I cant imagine how much more difficult it would have been to deal with if the mast had sunk.  I'm sure we would have had to cut the shrouds and sails and let them sink.  Anyone need a 2010 North Main Sail or an older UK 150 Jib?  You cover shipping and they are yours.

Neil Schiller
Old: 1970 Redwing 35, Hull #7 (C&C 35, Mark I)
New: 1983 C&C 35, Mark III, Hull #028
"Grace"