So, an update on this, almost eight months later (after a full season of racing
and sailing on the new mast step supports).

Since it was sunny and 60 degrees again in Denver yesterday, I went down to the
boat and pulled the mast step to inspect underneath.  At the end of my
write-up, linked below, I put a section titled “Did it Work?”  I think I can
now say with confidence that yes, it did work.  The new mast step supports, on
inspection today, were still solid as rock.  The bond to the bilge shoulders is
solid as rock.  The damn things are part of the boat now.  The last four photos
at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NqAxQ6JxFTSzRLbFo0NDl6U1E
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-NqAxQ6JxFTSzRLbFo0NDl6U1E> are what it
looked like after pulling the mast step today, after one season’s use.

Some hard work last offseason, but worth it.  The boat needed it and deserved
it.  This offseason I’ll adjust the location and shimming of the mast step
slightly, to achieve better centering in the mast collar next year.

Best Regards,
Randy Stafford
S/V Grenadine
C&C 30-1 #7