Mike,

The best way (IMHO) is:

Solar panel to charge controller input.
Charge controller output to starting battery
Install a combiner or ACR so that when a charge is in the system (over 13V), it
combines the batteries.

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise
C&C 37+ | Sail No: NCC-1701-B
City Island, NY
Starship Enterprise's Captain's Log <http://enterpriseb.blogspot.com/>

On Dec 30, 2017, at 11:30 AM, Mike Casey via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

I have just taken the Power and Sail Squadron Marine Electronics course. If you
can take it, I would urge you to do so. It has to be one of the best courses I
have taken.

I bought a solar panel for my C&C 30. I can attach it to the boat fine, but
hooking it up so it can recharge the batteries is a mystery.

Is there anyone out there who can give me some good instructions that I can
understand?

My specifics are:

There are three batteries (one starting, two house) that have to be charged
It has to be on all the time
It needs the charge controller to be entered into the equation somewheres.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Mike Casey
Halifax, Nova Scotia
C&C 30 1980