From: robert [mailto:robertabb...@eastlink.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:52 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Rick Brass <rickbr...@earthlink.net>
Subject: c and c 38

I took my tank out last October on haulout....had a pin hole leak in my 33 year
old aluminum tank....kept the original tank with its fittings....had a machine
shop weld a new bottom to my tank and at the time had them reduce the 'depth'
of my tank by one inch.....my original tank with the 'fittings specifically the
infill connector' was a small fraction maybe 3/16" too big to get the tank out
of the lazarette....finally I just pulled it out....after I noticed I had
crushed the aluminum 90 deg elbow infill connector by the same 3/16" .....no
big deal...with the repaired now tank one inch smaller, getting it back in was
a breeze.....I went from 20 gals to say 18.5 gals....not a problem for me the
way I use my boat and ability to refuel.

When I reinstalled my tank, all the 4 hose connections were really tight....C&C
didn't waste an inch on any hose when they built my boat.....the one inch drop
in tank height compelled me to either get all new longer hoses or loosen
existing clamps holding the 4 hoses to bulkheads....I loosened the
clamps....not as neat as before but not as costly and difficult as replacing
all the hoses.  After I reclamped the tank to its holding station and loosening
clamps to make the 4 hoses to connect, I then thought about putting one inch
whatever under the tank to bring it back to its original position and the hose
connections.....but that's now 20/20 for this genius!

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.