I switched all my halyards to 3/8 Samson warpspeed on our 33 a couple of years
ago, when they were discontinuing the warpspeed and bringing in the warpspeed
II. (Some good discounts) Last winter I had the mast down and replaced all the
sheaves in the masthead with those from Zephyrwerks. The old ones all had a
small cable groove in them from new, didn't appear to have any effect on the
new halyards. Bushings were worn and one sheave had run against the masthead
and sharpened the edge of the sheave. Once in a while one of the cabintop
clutches slips an inch or so with the smaller diameter line but other than
that, no issues. I didn't worry about colours, other than trying not to
duplicate any, with new crew aboard it's easier to just give them a colour for
a line rather than identifying the halyard.
Brad
Pulse
C&C 33-II
Lake Huron

Anything worth doing requires sails!~~~~~~~_/)~~~~~~~