Sean

If I may chime in here although I have a 37.  In the last 12 years I have
probably put the board down 3 times.  My board is currently out on the boat.
Has been out since 2015.  This is the year to reinstall?  Any way I thinking of
reinstalling and pinning it up and calling it a shoal draft.

As to maintenance you will have to replace the pendant every few years and the
thimble at the board end isn’t available at the chandelier.  Got mine locally
made at a machine shop.

The 35 may be different but I’m sure the pendant is a maintenance issue.

I lived your dream in 14/15.  Check out my blog.  Www.persuasion37.com

Mike
PERSUASION
C&C 37 K/CB
Long Sault