Hi John,

Yes, I ran a new cat5e cable down the mast using an old wire as a messenger. At
the same time, I ran in parallel another messenger line which I have since used
and replaced installing a new Raymarine wind transducer.  I have a newer mast
(Kenyon Spars 5280) which has a built in extruded cable channel along the
length of the mast, so my experience of pulling wires down the mast may be
slightly different than others.  The key is to use a messenger.  It is a real
PITA trying to run a steel fish tape down the mast.  I had to do so when I
installed a new steaming light system and did not have the old wires for a
messenger.

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C 38 Landfall