Wow.  I’m surprised the water didn’t rush in even faster than you described.

From: robert via CnC-List
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2018 10:03 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: robert
Subject: Stus-List Some Saturday morning reading.

Ken:

Great read....thank you.  I had no idea the boat was first owned by Hans
Fogh.....I always thought it was Clarence Wurts....Hal and Steve never
mentioned the boat's original pedigree and Fogh as its first owner.

Here's another 'The Third Wave' story.....the Davies (Steve in this instance)
had a local contractor ready the boat for Spring launch....it was usually one
of the last boats hauled in the Fall and one of the first launched in the
Spring.  Immediately after launch, the contractor (we won't mention his name)
brought the boat to a side wharf where easy access to the boat was required for
some maintenance....he tied up and left the boat unattended....not unusual.
My boat was still on the cradle approx. 75 feet to the west with TW's bow
facing me.....I was sitting in my cockpit taking a break from waxing enjoying
an adult beverage when I noticed the bow of Third Wave down a bit....no big
deal....maybe the V-berth was loaded with sails...but a few minutes later, I
noticed the yellow boot stripe was below the waterline.....now that didn't seem
right.
I climbed down, went over to TW and there was no one on board.  I thought about
going aboard to check it out but I saw the contractor's van and immediately ran
to it....he was inside doing some paper work and I told him TW's bow was
sinking.....he ran to the boat and realized he had not installed either the
speed impeller or the plug so water was flowing in.  By the time he got one
installed, the floor boards were underwater.

It could have been really ugly.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 -84