On Cat’s Paw, I installed a Nicro solar vent over the head like Jim (as an
exhaust) and then an additional one over the hanging locker on the starboard
side (as intake) using the two raised areas on the deck where dorades are often
installed (none on Cat’s Paw). There was already a Nicro vent in the main hatch
(intake) like the one John wants to install.  Also modified the Plexiglass
companion way “door” with a metal vent as an additional exhaust, which was
important to keep good airflow through the cabin.  This has really helped with
mold during the winter and keeping the air fresh in the cabin during the
summer.  Although rain-proof (sloping horizontal metal pieces), it is certainly
not waterproof, so in heavy weather I take the sliding “door” out and replace
it with the 4 teak boards that came with the boat.

Eric Frank
Cat's Paw
C&C 35 Mk II
Mattapoisett, MA