I did mine in 2012 and it still looks new.   I still have the leftover and just
checked. I ordered 3/4 inch. It fit perfectly because it curves in to the
groove.  I looked and the place is still in business.  Vinalstriping.com.  $34
for a 150 foot roll.  For the stars, they sell 14 inch wide by the foot for $3
a foot. I do not remember but probably got four feet. Cut into a foot for each
star.  Covered the whole star and cut around the edges and had the stars done
with no seams.   Get the premium vinal not the cheap stuff.
David Mocny37/40+ObsessionFlowery Branch, Georgia

P.S.   Because of health reasons, we are selling our boat.It is on
sailboatlisting.com if anyone is interested

  On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 2:50 PM, David Knecht via
CnC-List<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:   I am considering redoing the cove
stripe on my boat as it is pretty faded.  I found a few old emails about this
topic and both used vinyl tape.  One person used 1/2” tape and one 5/8” and I
can see the logic for both.  Anyone done this more recently or have comments on
 longevity?  How did you handle the symbol at the front (star?).  Dave
Aries1990 C&C 34+New London, CT

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --  https://www.paypal.me/stumurray