Chuck you are correct that you can use one or the other but not both. I
prefer to use the deck lights in the bay because it is easier to judge
distance. Offshore are use the masthead so the lights are visible for a
greater distance and in the swells  Chuck you are correct that you can use
one or the other but not both. I prefer to use the deck lights in the bay
because it is easier to judge distance. Offshore are use the masthead so
the lights are visible for a greater distance and in the swells

Joel

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 9:01 AM Chuck S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Anyone know the regs on using Masthead Tri-Color lights.   Just want to do
> what's right on my boat this summer on Chesapeake Bay.  I believe you can
> use either but never both deck lights and the masthead tri-color.  Also
> thought I read that the masthead tri-color was intended for offshore and
> not allowed inshore so I may never use it.
>

> Chuck
> Resolute
> 1990 C&C 34R
> Broad Creek, Magothy River, Md