Dennis, Yes I have done it in our 1981 36. You need to remove the lid and
reinstall it with ss hinge(s), it’s screwed on from below and you may be able
to get there from the inspection port with a long arm. I used a suitable piece
of cardboard sono tube for a mold and wrapped it with glass and epoxy. I built
a 1 inch tab (lip) on top and used the round glass I cut out for the bottom of
the new locker. I installed a drain in the bottom. The tricky part is finding
an appropriate sized propane tank to fit the locker and installing an above
waterline thru Hull and hose to vent the locker. I only used it for safe
storage, you could pipe it if necessary. Contact me off list if you need more
information. It was a fun job that only required basic measuring skills.
Len Mitchell
Crazy Legs
1989 37+
Midland On