"Grace"
Whitehall, Michigan
WLYC

On 5/28/2018 8:57 PM, G Collins via CnC-List wrote:

Hi Neil

Any time I have to climb back there I remove the hose for the port cockpit drain (close the seacock first!!).  Makes it easier to slide back there.  Still no fun 'tho.

Graham Collins
Secret Plans
C&C 35-III #11
On 2018-05-28 9:03 PM, schiller via CnC-List wrote:
We had a nice weekend up at the boat.  Went up Friday to bend the main on.  We took up our spare main earlier to try (it seemed a bit crisper) but found that the battens are a different length between the two mains and rather than cut the only set we have to fit the spare, we brought up the main that was on the boat when we got it last September.  Had to move the strong track hardware from one sail to the other.  Also gave us a chance to continue varnishing the teak taffrail, handrails and companionway.

Helped a friend take his Pierson Ensign from our marina to its home on a ball near White Lake Yacht Club Friday night. Practiced for the Queen's Cup on Glenn Gambel's C&C 36 on Saturday and finally got our C&C 35-3 out Sunday for a nice cruise on the big lake.  Water temps fell from the low 70's on White Lake to 60 degrees F (1.5 feet below surface) on Lake Michigan 3 miles out.  Lot of haze threatening to turn to fog anytime.  Saturday the fog would roll in and roll out in minutes.

The only shake down issue that we found were the main and jib halyards on our new Cajun Rope running rigging kit were slipping in the rope clutches.  After we got back, I found an FAQ posting from Cajun that recommended scrubbing the lubricants off the rope were the clutches need to grab.  That seemed to work well with the jib.  Will scrub the main next time we are up (this weekend, most likely).

Working on the Wheel Pilot installation.  Not fun.  The access is pretty limited to get back to the rudder post to add the rudder position sensor.  Built a platform for the sensor to mount on, now have to crawl in to mount the platform and the sensor.  We miss Otto!

Neil Schiller
1983 C&C 35-3, #028
"Grace"
Whitehall, Michigan