We went up to the boat today and completed the autopilot installation.  Pulled the drive motor cable through a cable clamp on the floor snugged between the pedestal guard and the wheel pedestal.  Pulled a GPS power/data cable through the pedestal guard and spliced the Garmin cable under the instrument shelf.  Nothing else is fitting down the pedestal guard tubes, the fit with the gps cable was tight.

Installed the Seatalkng to Seatalk converter (Thanks again, Fred) and fired it up.  everything is there.  Seatalkng network (wind, depth, speed, etc.) is working.  Garmin pages are working. Engaged it and commanded +10 and -10 degree course changes and the wheel turns the correct direction.  Centered up the rudder sensor.

Now the only remaining task is to go out and calibrate through the sea trials.

It's nice to have Otto back.  We rely on it while dealing with flaking the main (until I finish the lazy jacks).

Neil Schiller
1983 C&C 35-3, #28
"Grace"
Whitehall, Michigan