From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: C&C List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wed, Jun 27, 2018 5:43 pm
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 37 Keel bolt size

Torque values are typically based on the size of the threaded portion of the
bolt not the nut size or socket size.  It was a little unclear y your
description which you were measuring.  Have you seen my video?  I provided
extra info in the video description.  I'll link it here and copy the
description text too.

https://youtu.be/n6B0IPKQERc

I used the torque values from the link below as a guide.  316 SS lubricated.

https://www.fastenal.com/content/feds/pdf/Torque%20of%20Stainless%20Steel,%20Non%20ferrous%20Torque.pdf

https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-information/nuts-washers/us-nut-dimensions.aspx

C&C 37+ Keel bolts (fwd to aft):
         Nut               stud       torque    3:1 multiplier

#1 - 1-1/2        1          255 =          85 x 3
#2 - 2-3/16     1-1/2    615 =          205 x 3
#3 - 2-3/16     1-1/2    615 =          205 x 3
#4 - 2-3/16     1-1/2    615 =          205 x 3
#5 - 1 7/8       1-1/4    465 =          155 x 3
#6 - 2-3/16    1-1/      615 =          205 x 3
#7 - 1-1/2      1            255 =          85 x 3
#8 - 3/4         1/2             38

Here are a few pictures.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1G3HVN_jj0PYa0e5Otk9nwdqVoR4CYTCy

Tef-gel
https://www.ultratef-gel.com/tef-gel/

Looks to me like from the description your bolt matches my #5 bolt.  I got the
sockets on ebay and yes most of them where ~$50.  I made sure to get deep 6
point sockets 3/4" drive so that my breaker bar and torque multiplier would fit.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD