Mike, I had a 1981 36 KCB and in the 10 years I had it, never had an issue with
the board. I would have liked to seal the cast iron board with epoxy or
something else but never got the chance. Fresh water makes a big difference and
I would consider where the boat was going to be sailed before deciding. Having
said that Edd is bang on about the performance. I usually had the board up and
there was no big down side. Let us know what you end up doing!
Len Mitchell
Crazy Legs
1989 37+
Midland On