From: Ron Ricci via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Ron Ricci <ron.ri...@1968.usna.com>
Sent: Thu, Jul 5, 2018 8:37 am
Subject: Re: Stus-List Edson Wheel Idler Pulley Plate

Bruce,

I replaced my idler plate and generally overhauled the steering system several
years ago.  The idler pulleys had almost fallen off the plate and the steering
cables actually fell off the radial wheel.  I got the next to last plate Edson
had in stock and I think the last one is now gone.

Edson told me that when the last idler was gone they could water cut new ones
as the dies were no longer available.  Your plate looks OK but I think that it
like many others on 37+/40’s will need replacement.

This may be a good time for all 37+/40 owners to inspect their plates.
Regards,
Ron
Ron Ricci
S/V Patriot