From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> on behalf of john sandford via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2018 9:10 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: john sandford
Subject: Stus-List Landfall 38 - OSR compliance ?

I am researching the ability of my LF 38, to comply with the World Sailing
Offshore Special Regulations Cat 1, and would appreciate any feedback.

Most of it looks straight forward, and first checks show the boat complies, and
may even have been built with some of these in mind. Cockpit volume, Hatches,
etc.

However, I got stumped in the section with; stability calculations, ORC rating,
etc.

It would be easier if someone has prior history that they could share, hence
the post.

Here is what OSR says for Stability:

3.04

Stability

-

Monohulls

3.04.1 Able to demonstrate compliance with ISO12217-2* design category A or
higher, either by EC Recreational Craft Directive certification having obtained
the CE mark or the designer’s declaration * The latest effective version of
ISO12217-2 should be used unless the boat was already designed to a previous

version

3.04.2 Where compliance in accordance with 3.04.1 cannot be demonstrated, able
to demonstrate either:

a) i a STIXvalue not less than 32; and

ii AVS not less than 130 -0.002*m, but always >= 100°, (where “m” is the mass
of the boat in the minimum operating condition as defined by ISO12217-2); and
iii a minimum righting energy m*AGZ>172000 (where AGZ is the positive area
under the righting lever curve in the minimum operating condition, expressed in
kg metre degrees from upright to AVS); or

b) Stability Index in ORC Rating System of not less than 110; or

c) IRC SSS Base value of not less than 28

Yes I am stumped !

I know that Rick Knowles, “INDIGO” did the HFX/Marblehead race which (today
anyway) requires the above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

John