Doing a bit of research on plastic zipper lubes for canvas I found several
opinions.  Products mentioned positively were:

petroleum jelly
Sailkote McLube
McNett Zip-Tech
GairAid Zipper Lube (formerly McNett Zip-Tech)
Star Brite Zipper Lube
Several others.

Most seemed to work OK.  One criticism of zipper lubes was residue that
would collect dirt and grime.

The one that seemed to have the best reviews from sailors and canvas makers
was the McNett/GearAid.  I ordered some.  I can also use it on the
rubberized zippers of my snow ski jacket.  :)

Any comments on zipper lubes from the listers?

Dennis C.