Veiko,

Similar experience as Fred states.  As a pre-November 1, 1972 vessel, my
35-1 did not have the molded HIN on the transom.  It has the metal plate as
Jim states.  The HIN does not conform to the USCG format. When I went to
register it with the state, the state agency issued a new USCG compliant
HIN.

No clue how it would work in Europe, but perhaps your local registration
authority can issue a new HIN for you.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA