I sailed a lot on the first Redwing 35, Redhead, and we had an over length
spinnaker pole - so it had to be robust.
As a result, at the right wind angle we could fly the chute And the jib and we
were wicked fast . . . . .
Sailed the length of Lake Ontario following the wind angle rather than the
compass in the Lake Ontario International . . . . .
But, alas the rule makers eventually figured out that it was faster than they
envisioned . . . . .
Cheers,    Rob Ball

On Sep 13, 2018, at 12:32 PM, schiller