Doug,

I have an Airmar CS4500 which was installed in 2013.  Airmar has newer models
(ST800, ST850, UST800 & UST850).  It is through the hull and when viewed from
the outside looks like a depth transducer.  See:
http://www.airmar.com/uploads/brochures/cs4500.pdf for what I have and
http://www.airmar.com/productinfo.html?category=MT
<http://www.airmar.com/productinfo.html?category=MT&name=Marine%20Transducers>
&name=Marine%20Transducers for the newer stuff.

Regards,

Ron

Ron Ricci

S/V Patriot