I found a web site for a company in California that sells marine pumps.
The company is called Marine Pump direct. The Yanmar distributor wanted
$609 for a pump for my engine.  Marine pump Direct had an almost identical
pump, made by Johnson, for $239.

Customer service was great.  When I had some questions for the person who
answered the phone, he went to the warehouse while I was on the phone with
him, and measured the pump for me, and then set it aside when I told him I
would order it on line (cheaper than by phone). I placed the order on
Monday morning; it shipped Monday afternoon, and I received it this
afternoon by US postage. After I placed the order, someone from the company
called me and asked about my engine. He wanted to make sure I was ordering
the right pump for my engine.

I installed the pump this afternoon, and it fit and works perfectly.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR