Question for Rob:
At the time, was the fact that C&Cs seem to be owned far longer than most boats
ever discussed ? Was this considered a good or bad thing?
We have owned Coquina since 1977 and she is – knock on FRP – on track to be
sailed by the third generation. I have sailed her since I was 12.
I recall a frustrated C&C broker telling me “No one trades up. Catalina owners
buy boats every 5 years and you all keep them for decades!”

Joe
Coquina
C&C 35 MK I

BTW – thread creep – Having a C&C 35 in the early or mid 70s was like having a
Ferrari when everyone else had a golf cart. We bought one because someone else
had one on the river and that boat passed the rest of us like we were aground ☺