From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Randy
Stafford via CnC-List
Sent: October-31-18 21:50
To: cnc-list
Cc: Randy Stafford
Subject: Stus-List Grenadine's Paint Job

Hi All,

Since my lake closed early this year (mid-September) for expansion construction
over the winter, I took advantage of the beautiful fall weather to do a major
project: painting.  The good news is that next season, we’ll have a
brand-spanking-new marina facility.

After exploring a number of options e.g. places where I could do it myself,
estimates from several business, etc., I decided to hire the job out to an
experienced old salt with a small local boatyard.  I could tell he had an
appreciation of older boats and got a lot of satisfaction from improving them.

He filled and faired all the gouges in the hull, and the C&C smile.
Power-sanded the bottom and applied two coats VC-17 blue.  Above the boot
stripe he rolled and tipped four coats of Interlux red, sanding between each
coat and thinning the later coats.

I’ve put pictures of the result at
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AgG7585KNUspS1W8TsyUGq8hFgeP997h.

With that and new canvas (red sail / tiller / winch covers), and refinished
brightwork around the companionway, she’ll be the sharpest boat in the new
marina.  And hopefully faster in the club’s fleet too, with that smooth new
bottom.

Cheers,

Randy Stafford

S/V Grenadine