I also use a wet-dry vac for this purpose.  I do not want to use the bilge pump
because: a) the winter cover plugs the hole in the transom; and b) I winterized
the pump with anti-freeze.

From: Dennis C. via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2018 2:29 PM
To: CnClist
Cc: Dennis C.
Subject: Re: Stus-List Swimming Pool Cover Pump

I use a small wet/dry shopvac when I need to empty wet areas.

Dennis C.

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 1:21 PM Bill Coleman via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

  Has anyone ever used one of these to suck out that last ¼” of water from the
bilge?

  I am thinking specifically of removing Mast Water from the bilge during the
winter,  Altho it might be handy  during the season. My bilge now has a rule
1500 which works fine as long as you have at least 3” of water.

  I ordered a couple cheapies, but wondered if anyone has actually gone through
this drill and has had success.

  Bill Coleman

  C&C 39 Erie, PA