From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Bill Coleman
via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 3:44 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Bill Coleman
Subject: Re: Stus-List [EXTERNAL] Re: Westerbeke W33 Advice

I think you’re discounting all the work that goes into engine removal and
reinstall, it is a lot. Worse on some boats than other, of course.  I am sure
you realize we are talking about a lot more then pulling a 20 dollar bill out
of your pocket.   .  I think you (Joe) may have done a reinstall, and  maybe
some people like that work. I do it, but I don’t like it.
Also, how long you are going to keep the boat. When you get to 4,000 Hours on
an engine, it’s kind of like hitting 65 – you might have another 25 good years
in you, or  . . . not. You’re never sure.
There is a great feeling of confidence  of leaving the dock with a new engine.
Also, there is always a great secondary market for good, used engines. I sold
my used Perkins on Ebay with no problem, after installing a nice, smooth
running Kubota.
K sara, k sara.

Bill Coleman
C&C 39 Erie, PA