I just left my treads raw on the 40. A quick scrub with soap and water and a
scothbrite pad every now and then kept them looking good. Bare teak is
excellent non-skid.
On my new boat I have treadmaster, which works very well, though I don't like
the look as much.
Andy

Andrew Burton
139 Tuckerman Ave