From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of Mike Macdonald via
CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 1:44 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Mike Macdonald <macdonaldmik...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Using West Marine in-store swaging tool for lifelines?

I would use 1 x 19.  7x19 can barb and it loves ripping sails. Seen it happen
more than once.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 2, 2019, at 8:42 AM, Bruce Whitmore via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com
<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com> > wrote:

Hello all,

I need to replace the lifelines on my 1994 37/40+.  I am going to go with bare
7/19 wire, and need to crimp on the stud fittings.  For the hand crimp stud
fittings, Johnson says not to use a nicopress tool.  West Marine's had swage
tool is set to use both for oval (nicopress) fittings and round fittings, but
the person at the store had no idea if the tool was adequate for the stud
lifeline fittings.

I wasn't ready to do it this weekend, but would like to get the job done
shortly.

Does anyone here know?

Thank you!

Bruce Whitmore