For an easy night in a secluded gunk hole you can get away with using the
bow roller to lead the anchor line back to a bow cleat.  I do it all the
time and sail up and down the Chesapeake.

A better practice is to tie on a snubber line using a rolling hitch or an
icicle hitch and then run the snubber lines in a vee below the bow roller,
through the port and stbd fairleads to the bow cleats.  A 10' to 15' piece
of line can be kept just for this purpose in the anchor locker.  Tie it so
that the tails are roughly the same length and you cleat them such that the
hitch stays about halfway between the water and the bow roller.  Ease the
anchor line so that the load it taken by the snubber lines but not so much
that it is drooping slack in the water.  In heavy wind and waves the edges
of the bowroller can start chewing on the anchor line.  The roller also
presents a lever arm which adds unnecessary stress to the bow.  By creating
a "bridle" with 2 attachment points you may reduce some yawing in the wind
and you'll also reduce the risk of a single failure.  In some cases the
anchor line is too large to fit the bow cleats properly so a snubber
eliminates that problem.  If you ever upgrade to a bigger boat or one with
all chain you're going to need to do this method anyway.  If you have a
windlass now or in the future, you may be tempted to simply leave the load
on the windlass.  This is a recipe for a damage to the windlass and again
using the snubber method will prevent problems.

These videos show lazy tails but can be adapted to create 2 working tails.
The icicle just needs to be tied near the middle.  The rolling needs to be
tied on a bite.

https://youtu.be/JFZwfCoETdQ

https://youtu.be/cA2AJlf0lwE

For your pre-made section of rope you can improve the snubbing action by
using nylon triple braid and adding rubber snubbers.  A rolling hitch on a
bite will be easier to negotiate if snubbers are already installed on the
line.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+