I just looked them up, and the Remco Aquajet 55 is identical to the Johnson
Aqua Jet 5.2.  The Remco site, as you point out, say they are made in the USA.
 The The SPXFlow/Johnson site does not list they are made.  I’m guessing that
Johnson is rebranding the Remco’s  and adding on a strainer.

Thanks,

Paul

-
Paul E.