An important point Matthew makes.  A quick rig tune before installing
Spartite is important.  With no constraints in the collar, center the
masthead and make sure the mast is in column.

Touche's mast was noticeably off to one side of the collar opening when I
installed Spartite.  The mast step and shroud attachments dictate the tune
of the mast.  The location of the  collar is secondary.  It may well be off
centerline.

Dennis C.