I would expect 1023 (10 bit counter); if 1024 – you need 11 bits (odd, very
odd).

Marek

From: Michael Brown via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2019 15:09
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Michael Brown
Subject: Re: Stus-List Older GPS units may have issue after April 6, 2019

I would hope anything made since the last time this happened is OK.

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/08/biztech/articles/23gps.html

There was a related problem, confusion of whether the 1024 weeks were numbered
as
0 - 1023 or 1 - 1024.  A long standing tech joke, if it is 0 - 1023 it is a
software programmer,
if it is 1 - 1024 it is a hardware designer.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 16:29:11 -0700
From: "Dennis C." <capt...@gmail.com>

I just read an article that GPS time will be reset on April 6, 2019.  That
may affect older GPS units.

https://liliputing.com/2019/02/old-gps-devices-may-stop-working-properly-in-april.html

I must admit ignorance on the substance of this atricle and what it means.
Anybody got a decent understanding of this situation?

I have an old Garmin 128, circa 1999, which I use as a back up to my newer
Garmin.  I'd hate to lose accuracy on the older unit.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA