Hello all,
I am (finally!) getting ready to replace the fixed port ahead of the slider on
my C&C 37/40+.  We successfully replaced the slider which had turned to rather
ugly, clouded blue plexiglass rather than the original bronze color as a result
of exposure to UV.  The fixed one is 22" x 31" and is presumably stuck down
using Plexus as the side windows were.  In this case, the Plexus is 1 1/2"
wide.

I am thinking that when I get the VHB tape to replace the Plexus, I should go
with tape that is 1.25" wide instead of and inch and a half to allow some room
for the Dow 795 sealer to go between the deck and the tape to ensure a water
tight seal.  Coming up with tape (or a combination of tape widths to equal 1
3/8" is proving problematic.
Do you agree with my proposed approach, or should I just go with 1 1/2" wide
tape?

Bruce Whitmore
1994 C&C 37/40+ "Astralis"Madeira Beach, FL
(847) 404-5092 (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net